News

Happy Mothers Day

Happy Mothers day to all you gorgeous Mums for Sunday.  I hope your family spoil you rotten and that you at least get breakfast in bed or a day off for stitching!

We have a wonderful Framing store in Somerset West where I live and I take all my stitched pieces there to be framed and I would not trust anyone else to do it!  It is called GALLERY 91.  and not only do they sell top quality local paintings but also beautiful ceramics – you can find out more and see some of the artwork here.  This year Terry, the owner phoned me to discuss creating a “Mother’s Day” theme in the shop – she was thinking of exhibiting embroideries, tapestries etc, and wanted to know if I would bring in some of my pieces to exhibit.  When I went in to drop them off I was struck by the stunning window display she had created around this theme.  If you live in the Western Cape perhaps you can direct your husband or family to Gallery 91 for Mothers day gifts – there are some unique treasures to be found.

Thank you for the great response to the fabric questions – so far 75% voted for half metre option, and the other 25% for full metre and fat quarter.  It has been so helpful and you can expect to see this fabric available in the Etsy store soon.

Meantime wherever you are in the world have a HAPPY MOTHERS DAY and remember you are loved and deserve to be pampered.  Trish

Gallery 91 Mothers day window
Gallery 91 Mothers day window
Gallery 91 Mothers day window
Gallery 91 Mothers day window
Gallery 91 Mothers Day window
Gallery 91 Mothers Day window

 

 

w

3 thoughts on “Happy Mothers Day

  1. Hello Trish
    In France, the Mother’s Day is next sunday 26 of May. So we have to be waiting till this day !
    These windows are fantastic !
    Have a good Mother’s Day.

    Like

  2. Trish,
    I hope you have a Happy Mother’s Day and get pampered plus have time for stitching.

    I think the display is delightful, just wish I lived closer ,so I could see it in person.

    A girlfriend of mine, Theresa, and I, who were both close to our Mum’s and lived with them; lost them two weeks apart five years ago. So since then, we have always spent Mother’s Day together remembering our Mums. On Sunday, as tradition as been set, we will be going out for a delicious High Tea to a lovely Victorian Tearoom and we will toast Joan, my Mum, a Yorkshire war bride, with Earl Grey and Lucille, Theresa’s Mum with Yorkshire Gold.

    So though I am not a Mum, Mother’s Day is still important to me.

    Like

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s