Hope this finds you well and happy? This week I would like to update you on changes to the online shop, and my business, going forward.
The last 15 years has seen an exciting journey of growth and expansion in my field of hand embroidery. It has been an ongoing learning experience as I navigated and taught myself the intricacies of the e-commerce world, social media, establishing a brand and keeping up to date with the ever changing technology of our times. I have loved every minute of it and am very grateful for the opportunity to share this work, but there have been times when the capacity to run the business and take care of family commitments on my own has proved overwhelming. This year I took the leap and employed 3 virtual assistants in India who took over much of the admin and have been a great help, but there is still a massive amount to do.
It became clear that I needed to make a decision either to expand, find new premises and employ staff or downsize and continue to work from home. As I approach 60 I have a yen to spread my wings and create embroidery pieces where I have the freedom to use whatever threads, colours and stitches I want – to stitch for the pure love of it, without the limitations of providing instructions. The opportunity has arisen to focus more on embroidery as art and book commissions and although it has been a very difficult decision, this is the path I have chosen to follow.
What does this mean for you the customer?
- Patterns will no longer be available in kit form. There are a few pattern kits available as long as stocks last, then they will be discontinued.
- All past, present and future Patterns will now be available as instant PDF downloads. There are approx 90 past and present PDF patterns available in store.
- There is an optional iron on transfer, fabric and needles available for each PDF pattern you purchase, so ideally you can make up your own kit.
- With each PDF pattern you will receive a copy of Embroidery Essentials and the Stitch Guide.
- In a nutshell, you will be able to purchase a PDF pattern, transfer, fabric and needles. The pattern can be downloaded instantly, the physical items will be shipped by courier (5 – 8 days).
Here are some of the changes in the online store.
- Digital Shop: The digital shop has closed. All purchases can be made in the Embroidery Shop.
- New layout: offers a seamless shopping experience. If you click on the main menu SHOP – you will see it contains content columns so you know exactly where you need to go for any particular item.
- Help Centre: On the left of each product/section you will see a Help column. If you click on this it will answer all your questions or concerns on a particular item. There is a FAQ which addresses every topic and if you cannot find the help you are looking for you are welcome to email for help.
- Tutorials & Lessons: Tutorials, How To’s and Resources are provided for all levels of experience.
- Dynamic Paypal checkout: You will be delighted to know that there is the option to check out directly with Paypal without having to input your name address etc.
- Books: more info on my published books, books in foreign languages, where to buy them and a featured book.
- Social Media links: There are links to the Blog, Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest where you can keep up to date with the latest offerings, and news. I often post my stitching progress on Instagram & Facebook.
New Patterns & Books.
New patterns will continue to become available as and when time permits. There are two new Whitework with colour patterns in the pipeline, the first of which will be available next week – I will of course post details of these on the Blog. Work continues on the new book which will be available late next year.
I would like to take this opportunity to thank all of you for your continued support and encouragement. We have become friends and allies in our common interest, and love of embroidery. You have seen me through the ups and downs, and I love and appreciate every one of you. I know that you will understand the need to phase out certain aspects of the business so that I can have more time to follow my heart’s desire, and hopefully you will continue to follow my progress as I enter this new and exciting chapter of my career!
Till next time, wherever you are in the world, keep smiling and happy stitching!