This week I would like to share with you the exciting news about my new store that will be coming very soon: Divine Digital Designs. It is the result of months of work, much thought and many sleepless nights filled with ideas that would not go away despite much counting of sheep!
We are going DIGITAL! As you know I already have an Etsy digital store but unfortunately the layout is a little limiting in that it only permits me to sell patterns and in time this will be phased out. In this new Shopify ecommerce store you will find everything located under one roof.
Digital patterns are a quick and easy way to gain access to a new pattern without having to wait for shipping. The idea came about as I considered a quicker way to get kits and supplies delivered to my overseas customers without them having to wait for the post – I looked into drop shipping and order fulfillment with international providers, but there was too much red tape involved and eventually the idea of providing a digital superstore which would not only provide patterns but the capacity to learn a new skill, emerged.
Before launching into the idea I sat down and made a “To Do List” , starting with my motives and following up with a list of how to put these into action. Here it is:
- To teach others to embroider from home.
- To provide tutorials that will cater for all skill levels.
- To provide a flow of new designs without physical stock limitations.
- Maintain a high standard of quality
- To make it accessible, simple, enjoyable and doable.
- To create beautiful designs that others want to stitch. Not just an embroidery pattern but also a lifestyle.
- To provide everything they need to stitch a project. Suggest alternatives for hard to find supplies.
- To provide a happy, personal shopping experience that they want to return to again.
- Provide value for money.
- Provide an easy checkout experience. Ensure that they know exactly how to download the file and what happens if they lose it or need to find it.
How to do this
- Provide digital patterns that they can print at home, via a printshop or view on their tablet/PC.
- Design patterns that are clear and easy to follow.
- Provide a good selection of designs – both traditional and contemporary. Cater for all levels, beginner to advanced.
- Provide written and video tutorials that cover every step of the process so there is no confusion. Have an explainer video on the process of how to purchase a digital download.
- Overcome shipping delays and expense by providing shop links where they can purchase materials in their own country.
- Create a simple, uncluttered shop layout that is easy to get around and also visually beautiful and pleasing to the eye. Easy navigation menus and good product photos.
- Offer as many payment options as possible and have a multi currency tool for global customers. Make sure the checkout is quick and painless – no forms to fill in.
So lets take a quick look at what you will find in the store and see if I have met all these criteria – If you have any other ideas about what you would like to see I would be happy to consider them:
- A large range of Needlepainting & Whitework patterns for sale both new and old
- Easy download & access to files
- Tutorials & Lessons which cater for all skill levels
- Free tutorials, including learn to do embroidery.
- Free patterns
- Free video tutorials
- How to videos
- Shop supplies – a list of worldwide suppliers of materials right on your doorstep
- Multi currency options- see prices in your own currency
- Express checkout option.
- More payment options for both Overseas and local customers
All this is available to you, without you ever having to leave the store. I like to think that we are moving from a stall in the marketplace to our own store with a private entrance – it is easy to access, has good parking and once you are inside you will find everything you need in a lovely clean, serene, space – with airconditioning of course! If I could add a coffe shop I would do that too 🙂 My daughter Stacey, who is a graphic designer in London, and I have been working together to make this dream come true, to create a perfect shopping experience where you can browse through the patterns or learn a new skill, without annoying pop ups and ads!
Of course this does not mean that you will not be able to purchase physical kits, materials etc through the Etsy store, its all still there and can be accessed from within the new store. I cant wait to open the doors and show you whats inside. Keep watching this space for the launch and meantime, have a wonderful week, keep smiling and happy stitching.